Dear school board,
I, Joseph Roelandts am writing this letter to persuade you. I want to take 25 minutes out of the day to have a nap time. I don’t think anyone would mind adding an additional 25 minutes to their school day. I suggest you have it right before third hour after Language Arts. You could have it in the gym and lunch room or even the library.
Almost all kids stay up late on weekends no matter if they stay up to 10, 12, or even 3 o’clock in the morning. Either way they are sleep deprived. And how many minutes they are deprived of it adds up. That is one of the reason why people hate Mondays because that is when they get the worst of the tiredness.
Did you know that when you are sleep deprived it affects your learning abilities? Just a mere 15 minutes of sleep gone can drop you down to a fourth grade level. Lack of sleep can also cause fatigue (or laziness), depression and can cause you to fall asleep in class. Not getting enough sleep will also confuse your brain and that will affect your learning abilities.
There are a lot more reasons why it is bad for you Sleep is the difference from getting into college and being a high school drop-out. I won’t get into it because I want to keep this letter brief. I think you get my point of why we should be able to take naps during school.
Sincerely,
Joseph Roelandts
No comments:
Post a Comment